Upcoming starting dates
April 24, 2023
September 19, 2022
Package for international doctors (Non-EU)
This training prepares international graduates of medical studies for their examination “telc Deutsch B2-C1 Medizin Fachsprachprüfung” as well as for the "Approbation".
After successfully taking those exams international graduates from medical studies will obtain their license to work in Germany as doctor.
Language-course: Medical-German - 3500,00 €
- - Degree in medical studies (translated to German or English)
- - Transcript (translated to German or English)
- - Legalisation of documents through German embassy
- - Participation in German language course A1-C1
The medical training course imparts the relevant vocabulary and knowledge to successfully pass the required examinations to practise medicine in Germany.
The course comprises:
- Specialised German training: 12 weeks, Teachers are specialised in Medical-German
- Online learning platform for 12 weeks, Specialised eLearning environment for doctors
Its focus lies on:
- Successfully lead doctor-patient-conversations and communicate with their family members
- Technical terminology to communicate with colleagues
- Standardised medical letters
- Target-oriented use of medical terminology
This specialised language-course deals with authentic situations in hospitals and provides competence in the fields of speaking, writing, hearing and reading to take the relevant examination.
The training will start after successfully passing German language level B2. International doctors of any German level (A0-C1) can book our package of Medical-German and general academic German (university preparation) up to level B2.
Pathway to medical specialisation
Medial-German course plan
• A1 level (6 weeks)
• A2 level (8 weeks)
• B1 level (10 weeks)
• B2 level (10 weeks)
• C1 level (10 weeks)
• Medical German (12 weeks)
• telc Deutsch B2-C1 Medizin Fachsprachprüfung
Detailed information about “Approbation” (license to work as doctor in Germany)
Each federal state of Germany has its own regulations about the licensing called “Approbation”. However no matter in which federal state doctors take their exam it is recognised in every federal state and does not expire.
The basic requirement to take the exam is a medical university degree equal to a medical university degree obtained from a German university. We will screen candidates’ degrees to evaluate their qualification to take the “Approbation”.
The second requirement (relevant for certain federal states) is to pass a language test on medical German which can be taken after our “Medical German” course.
Additional documents to apply for the exam:
• Application form to obtain the “Approbation”
• Application form to participate in the medical knowledge exam
• Health certificate
• Signed letter of good standing
• Signed assumption of cost*
We will guide applicants on their way to filing the application.
*The fees of "Approbation" vary strongly depending on the federal governments’ requirements and workload. In North-Rhine-Westphalia the cost ranges from €150 to €1.000.
Detailed information about “Online Training B2·C1 Medical German”
The online training conducted by telc consists of 1.000 different learning activities covering approx. 120 lessons. This content is specifically aimed at preparing doctors for the language test on medical German required to obtain the “Approbation”.
The online training provides in-depth knowledge through the following features:
• 25 training sessions on: Communication with colleagues, nursing staff, patients and their relatives
• More than 1.000 exercises on listening, reading, grammar and vocabulary
• Compatible with the exercises of our “Medical German” course.
• Use it on our tablet, smartphone or PC
• Certificate of attendance after successful completion